On-going applications for the Fourth Gathering for the Egyptian Youth Living Abroad
Upon the request of many Egyptians, the Egyptian Ministry of Youth Affairs has moved “The Fourth Gathering for the Egyptian Youth Living Abroad” to visit Egypt from August 15-26, 2014to a new date on December 23, 2014 to January 3, 2015.
Registration is now open.
Deadline for submission of application is on September 15, 2014.
· Participants: young Egyptians between 18 to 35 years of age
· Supervisor: at least 20 years of age
· Submit the following:
1. A letter stating full name, age, college or university degree and current profession.
2. Copy of a valid U.S. passport
3. Proof of Egyptian citizenship
4. Curriculum Vitae
5. An essay explaining why the applicant wants to join the trip and how this experience will benefit him/her in the future.
1 (one) supervisor and 5 (five) participants will be selected to join this trip.
All expenses will be paid by the government, except for the round trip airline ticket to and from Cairo.
About the program:
It is a self-enrichment program for the Egyptian youth for a period of 12 days during which participants will visit the most important tourist attractions and heritage Pharaonic, Greek, Romanian, Coptic, Islamic and modern in Cairo, Giza, Alexandria, Ismailia, and South Sinai and to introduce them to the heritage and culture of their homeland. In addition, the program will include meetings with some ministers and governors, politicians and a number of Christian and Muslim clerics.
Submissions may be sent via:
email at [email protected]
mail or walk-in: 1110 2nd Avenue, Suite 201, New York, NY 10022
fax: + 212-308-7643
Interviews will also be conducted either by phone or in person at the Consulate office.